Saturday, March 21, 2009

 

102.4

That's my temperature...I feel like crap and will only be posting very abbreviated standings tonight. I will do my best to get them up before games begin tomorrow. I was 8 for 8 today and couldn't even enjoy it! Scott was a huge help scoring pools today.

43
Steve Archibald - but I already have 3 wrong tomorrow
J. R. B. - feels good huh JB?
Kiley Flanagan - beginner's luck! :-)

42
Alan Trotochaud - 7 for 8 today
Marty Bissonnette - big move with an 8 for 8
Nancy Mamunes - and another

41
Tracey Leavens - slipping
David Luckenbach - has already lost 2 Elite 8 teams
Bruce Andrews - only one built in loss
K. T. B. - K8
Brian Krepcio - perfect today but not tomorrow
Dave Gionfriddo - ditto

From these top 12 there are 5 UCONNs to win it all, 3 North Carolinas, 2 PITTs, one Memphis (me) and one Oklahoma (Nancy). It's probably a little early to start thinking along these lines but just thought you might like to know.



good night pool!
Comments:
Has anyone else noticed that UConn is the only #1 to have NOT had a close game. UNC was tied with under ten minutes to go in the game!
 
Hope you feel better, Steve. It's about time your own name appears at the top in one of these things. ;)
 
Annonymous--

Re #1 seeds: I assume you're not including UNC's 43-point squeaker on Thursday.
 
Having said the above, however, I have to admit that the Huskies look better than I thought they would. (I've got them losing to the Washington Huskies on Thursday; that obviously won't happen.) The player who's really been impressive (to me, at least) is Stanley Robinson. He's playing better than he ever has--great dunks, getting back on defense like a madman, etc.--and may be the element the Huskies need to replace Dyson in their run.
 
hope u feel better today and im sure getting those wins will help.its great to see the name "steve" leading the pack.
 
Thanks everybody for your comments and especially thanks to Scott for taking over the pool yesterday while I stayed in bed for the majority of the day. I agree that Stanley Robinson is the X factor for UConn.
 
STAN is the MAN!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?